Italy: Reminder - Upload beneficial owners list
Clearstream Banking1 would like to remind customers to use the correct template to upload their List of Beneficial Owners (BO). The Italian Equities Breakdown template is available in the BO Upload application (boupload.clearstream.com).
Customers are also reminded that any BO list containing mistakes will be rejected by Clearstream.
In order to avoid this situation, please see the list below of common mistakes that will not accepted by our system and will trigger a rejection:
- Summing up the total amount in the Excel sheet, as this is not requested;
- Having two or more lines with the same name for the same payment;
- Deleting one of the three first rows and starting directly with the BO’s information. Please keep the template as it is and start to complete the LBO from the fourth row.
- Indicating a TIN that is not strictly in the same format than the one provided in the One Time Master Instruction (OTMI) and the BO’s certificate of residence (special characters, missing 0 at beginning if exist).
Incorrect (click to enlarge)
Correct (click to enlarge)
For further information, please contact the Clearstream Banking Tax Help Desk, Clearstream Banking Client Services or your Relationship Officer.
1. Clearstream Banking refers collectively to Clearstream Banking S.A., registered office at 42, avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, and registered with the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register under number B-9248, and Clearstream Banking AG (for CBF customers using CreationOnline), registered office at 61, Mergenthalerallee, 65760 Eschborn, Germany and registered in Register B of the Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany under number HRB 7500.