Availability and schedules of the customer simulation
The CBF customer simulation environment (IMS23) is connected to the T2S Pre-Production environment (UTEST). The comprehensive processing of test cases demands the availability of both test environments. Additionally, the test schedule that is applicable for a desired test day must be considered for a successful execution.
The below graphic provides a forecast for the different customer simulation periods until October 2019.
- During the “CBF Free Simulation“ customers can execute test cases on their demand.
- For CBF Main Releases a “Guided Simulation” will be offered, if the scope of the new service requires dedicated test cases.
Both test environments are updated for deployment activities. In addition, maintenance activities are required. Therefore, on every Friday, after 14:00, testing shall not be conducted as software updates will be installed.
Based on the CBF implementation plan, the simulation environment will be closed for deployment activities of the CBF Release May / T2S Release 3.0 from 25 March to 22 April 2019.
Starting 21 December 2018 until 2 January 2019 the testing environments will be closed due to the holiday season.
Additional downtimes might become necessary due to deployment activities by T2S and/or CBF. According to the latest schedule provided by T2S, both test environments will also be closed on:
- 6 February 2019;
- 12 February 2019;
- 5 to 7 March 2019;
- 13 March 2019;
- 1 to 3 April 2019;
- 18 to 22 April 2019 (Easter holidays);
- 1 May 2019 (Labour Day);
- 7 May 2019;
- 21 May 2019;
- 28 May 2019.
To enlarge click on the image
Instructions can be entered or transmitted depending on the customer’s connectivity mode. Customers acting in ICP mode provide their instructions via CASCADE Online functionality (HOST / PC) or use an automated connectivity channel (SWIFT, MQ, File Transfer) to IMS23. Customers acting in DCP mode transmit their instructions towards UTEST. Instructions are processed according to the T2S test schedules. Based on the test or infrastructure requirements T2S will run the processing day using the
- T2S Synchronised Standard Day, that is, the general daily test schedule;
- T2S Release Day, which is announced for installation procedures or dedicated test cases required by the T2S Actors.
The schedules for the "T2S Synchronised Standard Day" and the "T2S Release Day" have recently been updated by T2S. The new test schedules are effective immediately. The amended times are indicated in the table below.
The test day calendar distributed by T2S foresees on:
- 10 January and 28 February 2019 testing of the T2S holiday rules. On this day, UTEST will be connected to the KRONOS2 test system and T2CUST will schedule a T2 Closing Day. This is in line with the processing on the public holiday 1 May. Approximately four weeks prior to the test execution day, CBF will mark these test days as “Labor Day” in IMS23. Based on the CBF service levels, a settlement is possible for free of payment (FoP) instructions, only.
- 20 February 2019 a deviating settlement processing. Instructions to be settled in T2S real-time settlement (RTS) will be processed using the T2S night-time settlement (NTS) algorithm. Hence, the execution of settlement instructions and related reporting will be not conducted in real-time. Customers need to consider a possible delay in their test activities.
T2S Settlement Procedure
T2S Synchronised Standard Day
T2S Release Day
Start of Testing
Partial Settlement 1
Partial Settlement 2
Partial Settlement 3
Partial Settlement 4
Partial Settlement 5
DvP / Cash SR Cut-off
BATM / CBO Cut-off
Inbound LTO Cut-off / Automated cash sweep
Securities SR / FoP Cut-off
End of Day / Start of Day
Change Business Day
Feeds from Collateral Management System
Start Night-Time / Cash Injection
End of Testing