Securities Lending and Borrowing Service: rates from 1 February 2018
Note: This announcement originally published on 17 January 2018 was updated to clarify the basis-point fee scheme.
Clearstream Banking1 hereby confirms that the Securities Lending and Borrowing rates detailed in the table below will become effective on:
1 February 2018
Clearstream Banking now charges different rates for equities and debt and charges on a per currency basis.
The End of day rate is applied once a day to those loans that are open after the End of day processing. The rate for both lenders and borrowers will be charged in EUR.
End of day rates
Where there are changes from the previous month, these are identified in bold.
a. Fees are charged and income is paid “pro rata temporis”. Calculations are based on a 360-day year and on the market value of the securities (plus accrued interest where applicable).
b. GCC, Gulf Corporation Council, consists of five CBL-eligible currencies: AED, BHD, QAR, KWD, SAR.
Handling fees are charged in EUR. For details, please consult the CBL Fee Schedule.
- Recalled loan securities are subject to a penalty fee of EUR 1,250.00 if not returned on the recall expiration date. At the discretion of Clearstream Banking, further charges will be incurred on every fourth business day that the recalled loan securities are not returned after the recall expiration date.
- Lenders are paid EUR 500.00 from each penalty fee that is charged. Clearstream Banking retains EUR 750.00 from each penalty fee charged to cover their additional administration costs.
- As of 1 September 2009, the penalty fees and related payment to lenders are processed together with the monthly billing and are reported on the monthly customer invoice.
- A 50 basis-point increase in the end of day fee will apply on all loans after 5 Business Days. 25 of the 50 basis points in the increase will be added to lender end of day rates. This took effect from 1 December 2017.
- A Collateral Management fee of 1 basis point is charged on all collateral pledged after end of day.
For further information, customers may contact Clearstream Banking Client Services or their Relationship Officer.
1. Clearstream Banking refers collectively to Clearstream Banking S.A., registered office at 42, avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, and registered with the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register under number B-9248, and Clearstream Banking AG (for Clearstream Banking AG customers using Creation Accounts), registered office at 61, Mergenthalerallee, 65760 Eschborn, Germany and registered in Register B of the Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany under number HRB 7500.