Mexico: Implementation of T+2 settlement cycle
Effective from trade date
5 September 2017
the Mexican Stock Exchange will set the settlement of the below securities at Trade Date plus two business days (T+2).
It is important to mention that this change is subject to the actual implementation of the T+2 cycle in the United States on the same date:
- Stocks listed by Industrial, Commercial and Service Companies, and in Investment Promotion Corporations (SAPIBs);
- Stocks listed by Financial Institutions;
- Stocks listed by foreign companies;
- Stocks listed on the “SIC Capitales” (International Quotation System) that have U.S. and Canada as their origin markets;
- Ordinary Participation Certificates representing Shares (CPOs);
- Exchange Traded Funds and Debt Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs and Debt ETFs);
- Development Capital Certificates (CCDs);
- Certificates over Investment Projects (CERPIS);
- Fibras (REITs) and Fibra E (Energy and Infrastructure Certificates);
- Certificates representing Mortgage Trusts;
- Coupon Rights.
- Stock and CPO Warrants;
- Stock basket and CPO Warrants;
- Domestic and foreign stock index Warrants.
Markets and securities
From the above date, the settlement cycle for the above mentioned securities will change from T+3 and T+1 respectively to T+2. Money market securities settlement cycle will remain unchanged.
We continue to monitor the situation in the Mexican market and will provide further information as it becomes available.
This Marketflash is intended to provide customers with general information gathered from different sources that are generally believed to be reliable. Clearstream Banking S.A. does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information and does not undertake to keep it up to date. Use of the information made available in this Marketflash is at the customer’s own risk and Clearstream Banking S.A., its subsidiaries and affiliates expressly disclaim any liability for any errors or omissions reflected herein. The information in this Marketflash does not constitute legal or tax advice.