General information - Mexico
CBL-eligible security types
Federal government debt securities:
- Adjusted Bonds (Ajustabonos);
- Development Bonds (BONDES: Bonos de Desarrollo);
- Treasury Bills (CETES: Certificados de la Tesoreria);
- Treasury Bonds (Tesobonos);
- Other domestic issues of the Mexican government.
Equities and equity products, not subject to capital gains tax, such as:
- Class A, B, C, N and L shares of Mexican companies (where foreign investment is allowed);
- Certificates of Ordinary Participation (Certificados de Participación Ordinaria - CPOs);
- Publicly traded FIBRAS (Fideicomiso de Bienes Raices - equivalent to REITs);
- Other domestic equity products available to foreign investors.
Corporate Debt (“Certificados Bursátiles” or “Cebures”) - specifically designed for acceptance and clearance in the International central securities depositories (ICSDs).
BANCO NACIONAL DE MÉXICO, S.A. (CITIBANAMEX)
Actuario Roberto Medellín 800, 5° floor north
Santa Fe, 01210, Álvaro Obregón
Mexico City (CDMX),
Depository Code: 54
Cash correspondent details
|Currency:||Mexican Peso (MXN)|
|CCB name:||Banco Nacional de México, S.A. (Citibanamex)|
a. CBL customers must use CITIUS33MER when instructing pre-advices to CBL. Citibanamex is recognised, by financial institutions in the local Mexican market with the BIC BNMXMXMM, but this must not be used when instructing payment to CBL. If the customer does not use the appropriate BIC, the correspondent may charge additional fees.