- On which Operating System can I use ClearstreamXact?
- ClearstreamXact works on Windows Vista, Windows
7, Windows 8, Windows 2003r2, Windows 2008 and Windows 2008r2
- Which internet browser version must be
installed on my computer?
- Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 8,
9 or 10.
- Mozilla Firefox 17 or Mozilla Firefox 19.
- Do I need to install any other software
before using ClearstreamXact?
- In order to be able to use ClearstreamXact,
Java Runtime Environment must also be installed on your computer.
Clearstream recommends the use of the latest Java 7 version.
If smart cards are being used; smart card drivers and software
also need to be installed.
- Does ClearstreamXact support the 32 or
64 bit versions of the browsers and Java environment?
- Both 32 and 64 bit versions are supported with
Microsoft Explorer. However, if you plan to use Firefox and/or
smart cards; only the 32 bit version is supported.
- Does ClearstreamXact support smart cards
for user authentication?
- Smart card authentication is supported.
- Which Smart Card reader model is supported?
- We support the Athena smart card readers (model
ASEDrive V3 CL).
- Which network connectivity is available
to reach Clearstream Xact?
- Clearstream propose 3 different ways to access
For assistance in selecting the best solution for your needs;
please contact the Clearstream Connectivity Helpdesk.
- DBAG managed network (for customers of Clearstream
- Orange private dial-in (VPN) network
- Which network is the most secure?
- ClearstreamXact has been designed to be highly
secure on all available networks.
- What permissions do I need on my computer?
- The user must have the permission to import
a digital user certificate into the Windows Keystore, including
the Clearstream Root CA certificate which is part of the user
- Do I need to install a trusted root CA
certificate to use ClearstreamXact?
- No, the ClearstreamXact webserver certificate
is signed by a VeriSign class 3 extended validation SSL SGC
CA which is already installed in the supported browsers.
- Do I need to install a java policy or
a Keystore file?
- No, it is not necessary.
- Do you support running ClearstreamXact
on virtual machines, Citrix servers?
- ClearstreamXact will work on virtualised environment.
However, Clearstream does not support the smart card setup
on those environments. Due to the variety of implementations,
Clearstream recommends that customers request this installation
from their own IT providers.
- Does ClearstreamXact support the use
of a proxy server?
- Yes, any kind of proxy server should work. However
a proxy tempering the SSL request (which acts as man in the
middle) might need to be configured to bypass this functionality
- What are the DNS requirements?
- The customer workstation or proxy must be able
to resolve ClearstreamXact to its IP addresses, which are
- Internet : xact.clearstream.com
- DBAG network : xact.clearstream.banking
- Orange VPN : xact.clearstream.banking xxx