Deutsche Börse completes acquisition of remaining stake in Clearstream Fund Centre
- Deutsche Börse becomes sole shareholder of Clearstream Fund Centre AG
- The transaction completes the transition from UBS to Deutsche Börse and marks the successful integration into the Group’s post-trade services provider Clearstream
Deutsche Börse completed the acquisition of the remaining 49% stake in Clearstream Fund Centre from UBS on 1 June, becoming the sole shareholder of the Zurich-based fund distribution platform.
In September 2020, Deutsche Börse had acquired the first 51% of Clearstream Fund Centre, formerly known as Fondcenter, from UBS. The transaction included the option to acquire the remaining shares at a later point in time. On 6 May 2021, Deutsche Börse announced that it would acquire the remaining 49% in the company for CHF 390 million. UBS remains a key long-term partner of Clearstream across the full value chain of the funds services market.
Deutsche Börse has successfully established and further built out Clearstream Fund Centre as a centre of excellence for global fund distribution support with over EUR 300 billion assets under administration. The acquisition underlines Deutsche Börse’s mid-term growth strategy “Compass 2023” to integrate businesses with high synergy potential that are a strong fit for its strategic growth areas.
More about Clearstream Fund Centre: https://www.clearstream.com/clearstream-en/products-and-services/investment-funds-services/fund-centre