Ukraine: New domestic link
Clearstream Banking1 informs customers that it will implement a domestic link to Ukraine on
27 May 2019
The domestic link will initially provide settlement and custody services for Ukrainian government bonds denominated in local currency issued by the MinFin and settling through the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) platform.
Clearstream Banking has opened a direct Nominee account at the NBU and has appointed J.S.C. Citibank Ukraine as its local securities operator and cash correspondent bank for the Ukrainian market.
Impact on customers
Clearstream Banking customers will be able to use the following services:
- Internal free of payment and against payment settlement in all eligible settlement currencies, including the Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH);
- External/domestic free of payment settlement;
- Custody and cash reconciliation;
- Asset servicing;
- Foreign exchange repatriation for Income proceeds.
The Market Link Guide - Ukraine and supporting documentation (including Disclosure Guide) will be available on the Clearstream website on 24 May 2019.
For further information, please contact Clearstream Banking Client Services or your Relationship Officer.
1. Clearstream Banking refers collectively to Clearstream Banking S.A., registered office at 42, avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, and registered with the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register under number B-9248, and Clearstream Banking AG (for Clearstream Banking AG customers using Creation Accounts), registered office at 61, Mergenthalerallee, 65760 Eschborn, Germany and registered in Register B of the Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany under number HRB 7500.