Singapore asset servicing operations expanded for the Asia-Pacific markets
Monday 28 April 2014
corporate actions, income and tax services for the Asia-Pacific markets will be processed regionally at Clearstream Banking S.A. Singapore Branch.
The aim is to provide local client-oriented services, bringing us closer to our customers’ activities in the markets and reducing turnaround times otherwise impacted by time zone differences.
The markets that will benefit directly from these now regionally operated services are Australia, China, Hong-Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea and Thailand.
This move is designed to deliver timely, accurate and efficient services to all our customers, with the following benefits:
- Real-time business day coverage for Asia-Pacific time zones;
- Improved timeliness of notifications and payments;
- Enhanced corporate actions deadlines;
- Closer proximity to the markets, incorporating local expertise;
- Faster turnaround for asset services enquiries.
Note: Proxy voting, disclosures, tax reclaims and defaults services will continue to be handled from our other operations centres as appropriate.
This expansion of services via Singapore Branch marks the latest step in the evolution of our offering in the Asia-Pacific region, which has seen developments in the following areas over the past five years:
- 2010: Equity Linked Notes (with redemptions in cash or shares) - notifications and payments execution;
- 2011: Income support - faster execution for all income and redemption payments in Asia-Pacific currencies, with expert support on all detailed questions;
- 2012: Tax Helpdesk - direct customer access to expertise in tax-related matters, covering all linked markets;
- 2014: Full range of corporate actions, income and tax services for the Asia-Pacific markets.
For further information, customers may contact Clearstream Banking Client Services or their Relationship Officer.