Peru: New mandatory requirements for cash instructions
Following Announcement A20105, Clearstream Banking1 would like to inform customers of new mandatory information requirements for cash instructions to process interbank funds transfers in Peru, effective
Citibank del Peru S.A., as Clearstream Banking cash correspondent bank (CCB) for Peru (PEN), requires that all mandatory information is included to process fund transfers in Peru when sending SWIFT MT202 and MT103 payment instructions.
Impact on customers
Customers must include the following mandatory information when the beneficiary of the funds is a Peruvian corporate entity or an individual resident:
- The Camara Compensadora Interbanking (CCI) account code; and
- The local identification number (RUC - local tax ID) for Peruvian corporate entities or distributable net income (DNI) of individual residents must be provided.
If the beneficiary of the funds is not a Peruvian corporate entity or an individual resident for interbank transfers, then only the CCI account code is required.
Additionally, when sending MT202 or MT103 payment instructions, on fields :70:: or :72:: and on any free format payment instructions (that is, MT199 or MT599), customers must confirm that the payment is custody related by including the following disclaimer “Payment related to Securities Business”.
If the payment is not custody related, the instruction will not be processed.
SWIFT MT202/MT103: It is mandatory to include the following details in fields :58a::, :59::, and :70:: or :72::
For interbank transfers where the beneficiary of the funds is not a Peruvian corporate entity or an individual resident, only items 1, 2, 3 and 5 listed below are required.
Field :58a::/:59a:: or without series: Beneficiary Customer
Field :72:: Sender to Receiver Information
For book transfer, use:
Beneficiary’s account at Citibank, for example: / : / XXXXXXXX BANK X
For Interbank, use:
4. Mandatory information if the beneficiary is a local investor:
5. Mandatory information if the beneficiary is a non-resident: Entity include: Dummy tax ID: 999999999
For further information, customers may contact Clearstream Banking Client Services or their Relationship Officer.
1. Clearstream Banking refers collectively to Clearstream Banking S.A., registered office at 42, avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, and registered with the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register under number B-9248, and Clearstream Banking AG (for Clearstream Banking AG customers using Creation Accounts), registered office at 61, Mergenthalerallee, 65760 Eschborn, Germany, and registered in Register B of the Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany, under number HRB 7500.