Availability and schedules of the customer simulation
The CBF customer simulation environment (IMS23) is connected to the T2S Pre-Production environment (UTEST). The comprehensive processing of test cases demands the availability of both test environments. Additionally, the test schedule that is applicable for a desired test day (that is, either T2S Synchronised Standard Day, T2S Change Request Test Day or T2S Release Day) must be considered for a successful execution.
The below graphic provides a forecast for the different customer simulation periods until September 2021.
To enlarge click on the image
- During the CBF Free Simulation customers can execute test cases on their demand.
- For CBF Main Releases a Guided Simulation will be offered, if the scope of the new service requires dedicated test cases. For the production launch of T2S Release 5.0 on 14 June 2021, the simulation activities are scheduled for May and June 2021.
Based on the CBF implementation schedule, IMS23 is planned to be closed:
- From 30 November to 11 December 2020;
- From 24 December 2020 to 2 January 2021;
- From 15 March to 19 March 2021; and
- From 1 April to 7 May 2021.
Both environments are updated for deployment activities. In addition, maintenance activities are required. Therefore, on every Friday, after 14:00, testing shall not be conducted as software updates will be installed.
Additional downtimes might become necessary due to deployment activities by T2S and/or CBF.
The current planning for the UTEST shows the following dedicated test cases that are executed under the control of T2S or ECB. The test execution impacts the processing of the "T2S Synchronised Standard Day". Test cases performed by CBF customers can therefore not be processed on UTEST as usual. As a result, the related settlement reporting cannot be transferred via T2S or CBF according to the regular test schedule.
- 8 December 2020: Insolvency Procedure;
- 7 and 8 January 2021: T2S Open during RTGS closing Day (Euro);
- 2 February 2021: Insolvency Procedure;
- 24 February 2021: RAD Tests (Inter regional failover with loss of data);
- 3 March 2021: T2S Data Integrity Test;
- 11 March 2021: Delay in RTGS start (processing without liquidity) (Euro);
- 16 March 2021: Insolvency Procedure;
- 23 March 2021: Treatment of FAMT CCY and Settlement Type Change;
- 27 April 2021: Treatment of FAMT CCY and Settlement Type Change.
Instructions can be entered or transmitted depending on the customer’s connectivity mode. Customers acting in ICP mode provide their instructions via CASCADE Online functionality (HOST / PC) or use an automated connectivity channel (SWIFT, MQ, File Transfer) to IMS23.
Customers acting in DCP mode transmit their instructions towards UTEST. T2S recommends unsubscribing from message / report subscriptions if the UTEST is not actively used. Also, the number of instructions (Securities Settlement Transaction Instruction, sese.023) must be reduced during the Start of Day (SoD) in order to limit potential impacts on the performance of UTEST.
Based on the test or infrastructure requirements, T2S will run the processing day using the
T2S Synchronised Standard Day, that is, the general daily test schedule applies.
- T2S Change Request Test Day, which is required for T2S dedicated test cases.
- T2S Release Day, which is defined for installation procedures required by the T2S Actors.
T2S Settlement Procedure
T2S Synchronised Standard Day
|T2S Change Request Test|
T2S Release Day
Start of Testing
Partial Settlement 1
Partial Settlement 2
Partial Settlement 3
Partial Settlement 4
Partial Settlement 5
DvP / Cash SR Cut-off
BATM / CBO Cut-off
Inbound LTO Cut-off / Automated cash sweep
Securities SR / FoP Cut-off
End of Day / Start of Day
Change Business Day
Feeds from Collateral Management System
Start Night-Time / Cash Injection
End of Testing
a. Times that deviate from the T2S Synchronised Standard Day are shown in bold.