Availability and schedules of the customer simulation
The CBF customer simulation environment (IMS23) is connected to the T2S Pre-Production environment (UTEST). The comprehensive processing of test cases demands the availability of both test environments. Additionally, the test schedule that is applicable for a desired test day (that is, either T2S Synchronised Standard Day, T2S Change Request Test Day or T2S Release Day) must be considered for a successful execution.
The below graphic provides a forecast for the different customer simulation periods until December 2020.
To enlarge click on the image
- During the CBF Free Simulation customers can execute test cases on their demand.
- For CBF Main Releases a Guided Simulation will be offered, if the scope of the new service requires dedicated test cases. For the production launch of T2S Release 4.2 on 23 November 2020, the simulation activities will start on 26 October 2020 and are scheduled until 20 November 2020.
- Based on the CBF implementation schedule, IMS23 will be closed for deployment activities:
- From 3 to 7 August 2020;
- In the period 25 September to 23 October 2020.
Both environments are updated for deployment activities. In addition, maintenance activities are required. Therefore, on every Friday, after 14:00, testing shall not be conducted as software updates will be installed.
Additional downtimes might become necessary due to deployment activities by T2S and/or CBF.
The current planning for the UTEST shows the following dedicated test cases that are executed under the control of T2S or ECB. The test execution impacts the processing of the "T2S Synchronised Standard Day". Test cases performed by CBF customers can therefore not be processed on UTEST as usual. As a result, the related settlement reporting cannot be transferred via T2S or CBF according to the regular test schedule.
- 26 August 2020: Intraday propagation of SD Update in Settlement;
- 8 September 2020: T2S automated connectivity channel disruption;
- 14 October 2020: Insolvency Procedure;
- 31 October 2020: T2S Service continuity testing;
- 8 December 2020: Insolvency Procedure.
Instructions can be entered or transmitted depending on the customer’s connectivity mode. Customers acting in ICP mode provide their instructions via CASCADE Online functionality (HOST / PC) or use an automated connectivity channel (SWIFT, MQ, File Transfer) to IMS23.
Customers acting in DCP mode transmit their instructions towards UTEST. T2S recommends unsubscribing from message / report subscriptions if the UTEST is not actively used. Also, the number of instructions (Securities Settlement Transaction Instruction, sese.023) must be reduced during the Start of Day (SoD) in order to limit potential impacts on the performance of UTEST.
Instructions are processed according to the T2S test schedules. From 3 to 31 August 2020, the recycling period for pending matched trades will be shortened from the usual 63 days to 15 days enabling a testing of the new recycling period scheduled to be introduced with T2S-CR691-URD on 5 October 2020. More information can be found in Announcement D20010.
Based on the test or infrastructure requirements, T2S will run the processing day using the
T2S Synchronised Standard Day, that is, the general daily test schedule applies.
- T2S Change Request Test Day, which is required for T2S dedicated test cases.
- T2S Release Day, which is defined for installation procedures required by the T2S Actors.
T2S Settlement Procedure
T2S Synchronised Standard Day
|T2S Change Request Test|
T2S Release Day
Start of Testing
Partial Settlement 1
Partial Settlement 2
Partial Settlement 3
Partial Settlement 4
Partial Settlement 5
DvP / Cash SR Cut-off
BATM / CBO Cut-off
Inbound LTO Cut-off / Automated cash sweep
Securities SR / FoP Cut-off
End of Day / Start of Day
Change Business Day
Feeds from Collateral Management System
Start Night-Time / Cash Injection
End of Testing
a. Times that deviate from the T2S Synchronised Standard Day are shown in bold.