Availability and schedules of the customer simulation
The CBF customer simulation environment (IMS23) is connected to the T2S Pre-Production environment (UTEST). The comprehensive processing of test cases demands the availability of both test environments. Additionally, the test schedule that is applicable for a desired test day (that is, either T2S Synchronised Standard Day, T2S Change Request Test Day or T2S Release Day) must be considered for a successful execution.
The below graphic provides a forecast for the different customer simulation periods until June 2023.
To enlarge click on the image
- During the CBF Free Simulation customers can execute test cases on their demand. In preparation of the T2S Release 6.2 to be implemented on
21 November 2022, simulation activities in “free mode” can be executed from end-October.
- CBF regularly offers a Guided Customer Simulation. This is applicable for T2S minor and major releases if the introduction of a CBF project requires market readiness activities or if the scope of the new service needs dedicated test cases. Customer simulation:
- Will be extended for the project Corporate Actions Harmonisation (CAH) – KADI DE Migration to OneClearstream Asset Servicing (OneCAS), also named (CAH - KADI DE migration), allowing an extensive coverage of functionalities. The Test Cycle 3 (10 to 21 October 2022) will be conducted as planned. In addition, a Test Cycle 4 will be offered between 24 October and 18 November 2022 as part of the Customer Readiness activities. A detailed description of the simulation activities has already been provided to customers who have registered for the simulation. The documentation is valid for Test Cycle 3 and contains test details for Test Cycle 4, which can be additionally applied depending on the test progress of Test Cycle 3.
- Is planned to be offered for the project WM Eddy from 20 February to 19 March 2023. Details of the simulation activities will be available on the homepage of the website.
The CBF customer simulation environment (IMS23) and the T2S Pre-Production environment (UTEST) are regularly updated for deployment activities. Therefore, on the business day prior to the deployment activities, with the end of day procedures, CBF will close all connectivity channels towards IMS23 and UTEST.
Based on the CBF implementation schedule, IMS23 is planned to be closed from:
- 23 September to 7 October 2022;
- 22 December 2022 to 2 January 2023; and
- 7 April to 5 May 2023.
From 7 to 21 October 2022, IMS23 will be available exclusively for the execution of test cases for the CAH project. Test cases to be executed for the T2S Release 6.2 and / or CBF Release in November 2022 as part of the "CBF Free Simulation" can be entered by CBF customers as of 24 October 2022. CBF will offer an optional test for stock exchange trades transmitted for settlement via the Stock Exchange Transaction Interface (SETI) from 31 October to 15 November 2022. The test cases can be entered via the T7 trading test platform and will then be forwarded to UTEST or respectively OCCT (CBL's test environment) for securities settlement. The scope is limited to predefined ISINs. Shortly prior to the start of the “CBF Free Simulation”, a corresponding list will be provided on the website.
In addition, maintenance activities are required. Therefore, on every Friday, after 14:00, testing will not be conducted as software updates will be installed. Additional downtimes might become necessary due to deployment activities by T2S and/or CBF.
Instructions can be entered or transmitted depending on the customer’s connectivity mode. Customers acting in ICP mode provide their instructions via CASCADE Online functionality (HOST/PC) or use an automated connectivity channel (SWIFT, MQ, File Transfer) to IMS23.
The current planning for the UTEST shows the following dedicated test cases that are executed under the control of T2S or ECB. The test execution impacts the processing of the "T2S Synchronised Standard Day". Test cases performed by CBF customers can therefore not be processed on UTEST as usual. As a result, the related settlement reporting cannot be transferred via T2S or CBF according to the regular test schedule:
- 2 November 2022: Back-up conference call tool test for the Crisis Managers;
- 9 November 2022: Crisis communication tool/facilities exercise;
- 16 November 2022: Delay in the start of NTS;
- 7 December 2022: Insolvency testing; and
- 14 December 2022: Back-up OMEGA tool testing.
In preparation of the implementation of the T2 / T2S consolidation project in November 2022, the liquidity management procedures in UTEST will be modified after TACO Migration Weekend Dress Rehearsal planned for mid-July 2022. In the new T2 platform, direct Participants can use below the options to manage liquidity:
- Immediate Liquidity Transfer via T2 RTGS GUI
T2 RTGS GUI can be used to transfer funds from the RTGS DCA to the T2S DCA. For details on how to use this functionality please refer to section “Liquidity Transfer – New Screen” of the Real-Time Gross Settlement User Handbook.
- Immediate Liquidity Transfer via T2 CLM GUI
T2 CLM GUI can be used to transfer funds from the CLM MCA to the T2S DCA. For details on how to use this functionality please refer to section “Liquidity Transfer – New Screen” of the Central Liquidity Management User Handbook.
- Configure Standing Orders in CRDM
Standing order for liquidity transfers can be created via CRDM GUI (U2A). This functionality offers the possibility to create a daily liquidity transfer. Standing orders can be configured to execute at certain time or event. Please refer to Common Reference Data Management User Handbook regarding the set-up and the related fields descriptions.
- Liquidity Transfer via A2A camt.050 message
Participants can use the A2A channel for liquidity transfers from RTGS DCA or CLM MCA to T2S DCA. If so, the participant must provide in the creditor account of the T2S DCA to be funded. Please refer to the Real-Time Gross Settlement User Detailed Functional Specifications and Central Liquidity Management User Detailed Functional Specifications.
In addition, today's automated “T2S Cash Sweep out” to clear the balance on the T2S DCA with a simultaneous transfer of cash to the T2 cash account will become optional. A sweep out can be achieved by setting up a standing order in T2 CRDM. If customers require an automated liquidity transfer to the RTGS DCA, it is mandatory that a standing order is set up.
Allowing an efficient settlement on UTEST, customers are requested to manage their liquidity transfer to their DCA used for simulation activities related to Clearstream Banking Frankfurt and Luxembourg as well as Eurex Clearing AG. Potential changes in the settings are requested to be introduced as part of the migration activities.
Based on the test or infrastructure requirements, T2S will run the processing day using the
- T2S Synchronised Standard Day, that is, the general daily test schedule applies.
- T2S Change Request Test Day, which is required for T2S dedicated test cases.
- T2S Release Day, which is defined for installation procedures required by the T2S Actors.
- T2S Living Timing, which is announced for specific test procedures. In UTEST the operational schedule defined for the production environment will apply. T2S informed that this production like schedule will be used from 17 to 20 October 2022.
T2S Settlement Procedure
T2S Synchronised Standard Day
|T2S Change Request Test|
T2S Release Day
Start of Testing
Partial Settlement 1
Partial Settlement 2
Partial Settlement 3
Partial Settlement 4
Partial Settlement 5
DvP / Cash SR Cut-off
BATM / CBO Cut-off
Inbound LTO Cut-off / Automated cash sweep
Securities SR / FoP Cut-off
End of Day / Start of Day
Change Business Day
Feeds from Collateral Management System
Start Night-Time / Cash Injection
End of Testing
a. Times that deviate from the T2S Synchronised Standard Day are shown in bold.