Availability and schedules of the customer simulation
The CBF customer simulation environment (IMS23) is connected to the T2S Pre-Production environment (UTEST). The comprehensive processing of test cases demands the availability of both test environments. Additionally, the test schedule that is applicable for a desired test day (that is, either T2S Synchronised Standard Day, T2S Change Request Test Day or T2S Release Day) must be considered for a successful execution.
The below graphic provides a forecast for the different customer simulation periods until July 2022.
To enlarge click on the image
- During the CBF Free Simulation customers can execute test cases on their demand.
- For CBF Releases a Guided Simulation will be offered, if the scope of the new service requires dedicated test cases. For the production launch of T2S Release 5.2 on 22 November 2021, currently no simulation activities are planned. However, customers are invited to execute regression tests in the time frame 25 October to 17 November 2021. Moreover, for the introduction SET-GO Migration Phase 1 (ICSD) on 22 November 2021, dedicated simulation activities are scheduled. For more details please refer to the Stock Exchange Transactions Go OTC Customer Simulation Guideline. Finally, for the Enhancements of Corporate Actions Cash Payments on T2S with the CBF Release in November dedicated test cases will be defined. Related documentation will be published in due time.
Based on the CBF implementation schedule, IMS23 is planned to be closed:
- From 22 September to 22 October 2021; and
- From 31 March to 6 May 2022.
Both environments are updated for deployment activities. In addition, maintenance activities are required. Therefore, on every Friday, after 14:00, testing will not be conducted as software updates will be installed.
Additional downtimes might become necessary due to deployment activities by T2S and/or CBF.
The current planning for the UTEST shows the following dedicated test cases that are executed under the control of T2S or ECB. The test execution impacts the processing of the "T2S Synchronised Standard Day". Test cases performed by CBF customers can therefore not be processed on UTEST as usual. As a result, the related settlement reporting cannot be transferred via T2S or CBF according to the regular test schedule.
- 14 September 2021: Insolvency Procedure;
- 20 October 2021: Back-up conference call tool test - Crisis Managers;
- 2 December 2021: Crisis communication tool / facilities Exercise; and
- 8 December 2021: Insolvency Procedure.
Instructions can be entered or transmitted depending on the customer’s connectivity mode. Customers acting in ICP mode provide their instructions via CASCADE Online functionality (HOST / PC) or use an automated connectivity channel (SWIFT, MQ, File Transfer) to IMS23. On 21 September 2021, with the end of day procedures, CBF will close all connectivity channels towards IMS23 and UTEST. Customers using:
- The CASCADE Online functionality (HOST / PC) cannot access the IMS23.
- SWIFT will only receive the SWIFT acknowledgement. The messages are held in the SWIFT network and will be not available in the CBF simulation environment. Once CBF opens IMS23, all messages will be processed, and the feedback is sent based on the existing message configuration on 6 October 2021.
- MQ messages cannot be transferred to CBF after CBF has closed its gateway. The messages will remain on the customer side, that is in their queues. If test activities are planned, customers are requested to check their configuration and must ensure sufficient storage capacity by 6 October 2021. For any message sent to the IMS23 while the gateway is closed, the system used to monitor the MQ connection will send a warning that the CBF channels and queues are not available during downtimes.
- FT need to consider that the transmitted files will not be processed – not even after the re-opening – in IMS23 and hence no feedback is sent.
On 6 October 2021 after the re-opening, SWIFT and MQ messages that are queued will be processed using the updated software modules. Hence, the feedback can be different to the results currently presented in production. The feedback might not be processed at customer side if their software is not compatible with the scope items of the November Release 2021.
Customers acting in DCP mode transmit their instructions towards UTEST. T2S recommends unsubscribing from message / report subscriptions if the UTEST is not actively used. Also, the number of instructions (Securities Settlement Transaction Instruction, sese.023) must be reduced during the Start of Day (SoD) in order to limit potential impacts on the performance of UTEST.
In preparation of the deployment of the software for T2S Release 5.2, the number of pending instructions with a settlement date in the far future in UTEST will be reduced by changing the recycling period for matched and unmatched pending instructions to one business date in the period from 20 to 24 September 2021.
Based on the test or infrastructure requirements, T2S will run the processing day using the
- T2S Synchronised Standard Day, that is, the general daily test schedule applies.
- T2S Change Request Test Day, which is required for T2S dedicated test cases.
- T2S Release Day, which is defined for installation procedures required by the T2S Actors.
T2S Settlement Procedure
T2S Synchronised Standard Day
|T2S Change Request Test|
T2S Release Day
Start of Testing
Partial Settlement 1
Partial Settlement 2
Partial Settlement 3
Partial Settlement 4
Partial Settlement 5
DvP / Cash SR Cut-off
BATM / CBO Cut-off
Inbound LTO Cut-off / Automated cash sweep
Securities SR / FoP Cut-off
End of Day / Start of Day
Change Business Day
Feeds from Collateral Management System
Start Night-Time / Cash Injection
End of Testing
a. Times that deviate from the T2S Synchronised Standard Day are shown in bold.