Availability and schedules of the customer simulation
The CBF customer simulation environment (IMS23) is connected to the T2S Pre-Production environment (UTEST). The comprehensive processing of test cases demands the availability of both test environments. Additionally, the test schedule that is applicable for a desired test day (that is, either T2S Synchronised Standard Day, T2S Change Request Test Day or T2S Release Day) must be considered for a successful execution.
The below graphic provides a forecast for the different customer simulation periods until December 2022.
To enlarge click on the image
- During the CBF Free Simulation customers can execute test cases on their demand.
- CBF regularly offers a Guided Customer Simulation. This is applicable for T2S minor and major releases if the introduction of a CBF project requires market readiness activities or if the scope of the new service needs dedicated test cases:
- End of April 2022, migration test activities for the project Stock Exchange Transactions Go OTC (SET-GO) will be conducted. This slow-motion test will be executed during the closing period and will last approximately two weeks.
- For the introduction of SET-GO CSD Migration (Phase 2) and the production launch of T2S Release 6.0 on 4 July 2022, dedicated simulation activities are scheduled during the period from 30 May to 29 June 2022. For more details, please refer to the “CBF July Release 2022 Customer Simulation Guideline” available under Testing and Simulation.
- Customer simulation will be offered for the project Corporate Actions Harmonisation (CAH) – KADI DE Migration to OneClearstream Asset Servicing (OneCAS), also named (CAH - KADI DE migration), in the period from 22 August to 22 September 2022. A detailed description of the simulation activities will be available in due time on the OneClearstream Rollout Documentation webpage.
- In preparation of the T2S Release 6.2 to be implemented on 21 November 2022, simulation activities in “free mode” can be executed from end-October.
The CBF customer simulation environment (IMS23) and the T2S Pre-Production environment (UTEST) are regularly updated for deployment activities. Based on the CBF implementation schedule, IMS23 is planned to be closed from
- 25 April to 27 May 2022;
- 15 July to 2 August 2022; and
- 23 September to 21 October 2022.
Therefore, on the business day prior to the deployment activities, with the end of day procedures, CBF will close all connectivity channels towards IMS23 and UTEST.
In addition, maintenance activities are required. Therefore, on every Friday, after 14:00, testing will not be conducted as software updates will be installed. Additional downtimes might become necessary due to deployment activities by T2S and/or CBF.
The current planning for the UTEST shows the following dedicated test cases that are executed under the control of T2S or ECB. The test execution impacts the processing of the "T2S Synchronised Standard Day". Test cases performed by CBF customers can therefore not be processed on UTEST as usual. As a result, the related settlement reporting cannot be transferred via T2S or CBF according to the regular test schedule:
- 28 and 29 April 2022: Deployment of T2S Release 6.0;
- 4 May 2022: Back-up conference call tool test for the Settlement Managers;
- 8 June 2022: Reprocessing tool testing;
- 15 June 2022: Insolvency testing;
- 21 and 23 June 2022: T2S Penalty testing
(T2S will define test cases for scenario 1 in due time);
- 28 and 29 June 2022: T2S Penalty testing
(T2S will define test cases for scenario 2 in due time);
- 3 August 2022: Back-up OMEGA tool testing;
- 5 August 2022: Deployment of T2S Release 6.1;
- 7 September 2022: Delay in RTGS start (processing without liquidity) (EUR);
- 14 September 2022: Insolvency testing;
- 21 September 2022: T2S Open during RTGS closing Day (EUR);
- 29 September 2022: Cashgen and Colgen testing;
- 2 November 2022: Back-up conference call tool test for the Crisis Managers;
- 9 November 2022: Crisis communication tool/facilities exercise;
- 16 November 2022: Delay in the start of NTS;
- 7 December 2022: Insolvency testing; and
- 14 December 2022: Back-up OMEGA tool testing.
Instructions can be entered or transmitted depending on the customer’s connectivity mode. Customers acting in ICP mode provide their instructions via CASCADE Online functionality (HOST / PC) or use an automated connectivity channel (SWIFT, MQ, File Transfer) to IMS23. For the upcoming Customer Simulation period, IMS23 will not be available for roll-out activities during the period from 21 April 2022 to 27 May 2022. However, for SET-GO migration activities, CBF will offer the dedicated migration reporting.
On 21 April 2022, with the end of day procedures, CBF will close the CASCADE Online functionality (HOST / PC) as well as the automated connectivity channels (SWIFT, MQ and File Transfer (FT)). Customers using:
- The CASCADE Online functionality (HOST / PC) cannot access the IMS23.
- SWIFT will only receive the SWIFT acknowledgement. The messages are held in the SWIFT network and will be not available in the CBF simulation environment. Once CBF opens IMS23, all messages will be processed, and the feedback is sent based on the existing message configuration on 10 May 2022.
- MQ messages cannot be transferred to CBF after CBF has closed its gateway. The messages will remain on the customer side, that is in their queues. If test activities are planned, customers are requested to check their configuration and must ensure sufficient storage capacity by 10 May 2022.
- FT need to consider that the transmitted files will not be processed – not even after the re-opening – in IMS23 and therefore no feedback is sent.
For any message sent to the IMS23 while the gateway is closed, the system used to monitor the MQ connection will send a warning that the CBF channels and queues are not available during downtimes.
On 10 May 2022 after the re-opening of IMS23, SWIFT and MQ messages that are queued will be processed using the updated software modules. Therefore, the feedback can be different to the results currently presented in production. The feedback might not be processed at customer side if their software is not compatible with the scope items of the CBF and T2S Release July 2022.
Customers acting in DCP mode transmit their instructions towards UTEST. T2S recommends unsubscribing from message / report subscriptions if the UTEST is not actively used. Also, the number of instructions (Securities Settlement Transaction Instruction, sese.023) must be reduced during the Start of Day (SoD) in order to limit potential impacts on the performance of UTEST.
In preparation of the deployment of the software for T2S Release 6.0, the number of pending instructions in UTEST will be reduced by changing the recycling period for matched and unmatched pending instructions to one business date in the period from 25 April to 2 May 2022.
Based on the test or infrastructure requirements, T2S will run the processing day using the
- T2S Synchronised Standard Day, that is, the general daily test schedule applies.
- T2S Change Request Test Day, which is required for T2S dedicated test cases.
- T2S Release Day, which is defined for installation procedures required by the T2S Actors.
- T2S Living Timing, which is announced for specific test procedures. In UTEST the operational schedule defined for the production environment will apply. T2S informed that this production like schedule will be used on 15 and 22 March 2022.
T2S Settlement Procedure
T2S Synchronised Standard Day
|T2S Change Request Test|
T2S Release Day
Start of Testing
Partial Settlement 1
Partial Settlement 2
Partial Settlement 3
Partial Settlement 4
Partial Settlement 5
DvP / Cash SR Cut-off
BATM / CBO Cut-off
Inbound LTO Cut-off / Automated cash sweep
Securities SR / FoP Cut-off
End of Day / Start of Day
Change Business Day
Feeds from Collateral Management System
Start Night-Time / Cash Injection
End of Testing
a. Times that deviate from the T2S Synchronised Standard Day are shown in bold.