Creation-CASCADE Realignment Guide - Canadian securities eligible on the CASCADE-DTCC US link
There is no CASCADE link as such to Canada, but Canadian securities held through the CASCADE-DTCC U.S. link can be realigned to Clearstream Banking S.A. (CBL) via the CBL link to Canada via the Royal Bank of Canada.
The links between Clearstream Banking’s platforms, CASCADE and Creation, and several Central Securities Depositories (CSD) enable customers to transfer eligible securities (that is, securities accepted in CASCADE and in Creation and by the appropriate CSD) from one platform to the other, for example, from Collective Safe Custody (CSC) to Non-Collective Safe Custody (NCSC) and vice versa. These transfers, that exclude by definition any change of beneficial ownership, are referred to as Creation-CASCADE realignments.
The realignment process is initiated by customers as follows:
- For realignment from CASCADE to Creation:
- In CASCADE, by an instruction to deliver securities free of payment to the account of Clearstream Banking SA, Luxembourg with the corresponding depository, in favour of the customer’s account in Creation.
- In Creation, by an instruction to receive securities, free of payment, from CASCADE.
- For realignment from Creation to CASCADE:
- In Creation, by an instruction to deliver securities, free of payment, to the account of Clearstream Banking AG, Frankfurt with the corresponding CSD, in favour of the customer’s account in CASCADE.
- In CASCADE, no instruction is required.
Clearstream Banking does not accept any responsibility for any cross-border settlement delays. The instruction specifications contained on these webpages are correct at the time of publication for currently eligible securities.
Clearstream Banking is not always advised of changes affecting these specifications. However, Clearstream Banking will update these webpages as soon as it is made aware of any amendment.