General information - Mexico
CBL-eligible security types
Federal government debt securities:
- Adjusted Bonds (Ajustabonos);
- Development Bonds (BONDES: Bonos de Desarrollo);
- Treasury Bills (CETES: Certificados de la Tesoreria);
- Treasury Bonds (Tesobonos);
- Other domestic issues of the Mexican government.
Equities, equity products and ETFs not subject to capital gains tax, such as:
- Class A, B, C, N and L shares of Mexican companies (where foreign investment is allowed);
- Certificates of Ordinary Participation (Certificados de Participación Ordinaria - CPOs);
- Publicly traded FIBRAS (Fideicomiso de Bienes Raices - equivalent to REITs);
- Mexican government bonds ISHAREs (only if held by foreign investors)
- Other domestic equity products available to foreign investors.
Corporate Debt (“Certificados Bursátiles” or “Cebures”) - specifically designed for acceptance and clearance in the International central securities depositories (ICSDs).1
BANCO NACIONAL DE MÉXICO, S.A. (CITIBANAMEX)
Actuario Roberto Medellín 800, 5° floor north
Santa Fe, 01210, Álvaro Obregón
Mexico City (CDMX),
Depository Code: 54
Cash correspondent details
|Currency:||Mexican Peso (MXN)|
Banco Nacional de México, S.A. (Citibanamex)
1. Eligibility may be subject to change without prior notice. If capital gains tax is charged on external transfers charges will be passed on to the client as received on the omnibus account.