Market Taxation Guide - Croatia
This Market Taxation Guide (Croatia) provides the following details:
- Reference information about all taxes applied at source, trough Clearstream Banking1 and its local depositories, to securities deposited in Clearstream Banking; and
- Instructions for obtaining relief at source or a refund of withholding tax, where these are available, through Clearstream Banking.
New and improved tax information and procedures that become available will be included on an ongoing basis.
This Market Taxation Guide (including any attachments and other links) is for informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be considered to be legal advice on any subject matter. Readers of this Market Taxation Guide, whether customers or otherwise, should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in this Market Taxation Guide without seeking appropriate legal or other professional advice.
Relief at source and reclaim of withholding tax on dividends from Croatian equities are not available through Clearstream Banking.
a. 10% from 1 January 2021, 12% until 31 December 2020.
Types of securities
The eligible securities issued in Argentina are as follows:
- Government, Municipal and Corporate bonds;
- Commercial Paper;
- Croatia National Bank and Ministry of Finance T-Bills;
- Equities (ordinary and preferred shares);
- Rights, issued by certain government ministries that are exchangeable for securities from the State's portfolio of companies.
Capital gains tax
Typically, there is no capital gains tax withheld through Clearstream Banking on securities held in Clearstream Banking. However, Capital gains tax may be payable on specific gains. Clearstream Banking does not assist in this regard. Please consult your tax advisor for further information.
There is no stamp duty withheld through Clearstream Banking on securities held in Clearstream Banking. Stamp duty may however be payable on specific transactions. Clearstream Banking does not assist in this regard. Please consult your tax advisor for further information.
1. “Clearstream Banking” refers collectively to Clearstream Banking S.A. and Clearstream Banking AG (for Clearstream Banking AG customers using Creation accounts).