Securities administration - Hungary
|Market record date||Ex-date||Basis for entitlement||Standard interest calculation rule|
|Payment date -2||Payment date -3||Settled position|
on record date
|Payment date -5||Payment date -6||Settled position|
on record date
Most common corporate events
The most important corporate actions in the Hungarian market are: dividend payments, interest payments, redemptions, general meetings.
The primary sources of corporate action information are from:
- Budapest Stock Exchange website
- Central Bank of Hungary website http://www.kozzetetelek.hu/, where all corporate action related information should be reported by the issuer of listed securities;
- Website information provided by issuers;
- Information issued by KELER Ltd on KID (KELER Ltd’s proprietary client communication system);
- Other newspapers and direct communication from the issuer for non-listed securities;
- The issuance prospectus, especially in the cases of government and corporate bonds.
According to current regulations, public companies are required to publish announcements of events, including AGMs and EGMs, or other information that is relevant to their shareholders.
Organisation of AGM/EGMs
In order to exercise voting rights at GMs, the shareholder must be registered. A proxy can be appointed through a power of attorney but physical presence at the meeting is required.
The blocking of securities for GMs of public limited companies is not compulsory. In the case of private limited companies, attending shares may, at the discretion of the issuer, be blocked within KELER Ltd between record date and GM date but issuers tend not to block their shares before a GM.
Cash payments in HUF
According to the regulation of The National Bank of Hungary 21/2006. (XI. 24.), Regulation on payments and settlements 15§ 2. line of paragraph: payment orders are to be submitted in HUF (meaning that no decimals are allowed in the cash payment system).