Market infrastructure - Luxembourg
Institutions and organisation
Société de la Bourse de Luxembourg S.A. is the only stock exchange in Luxembourg.
The Luxembourg Stock Exchange is in particular responsible for:
- Admission of securities to the official price list;
- Admission of stock exchanges members;
- Exercise of certain disciplinary processes.
Banque centrale du Luxembourg (BCL) is the Luxembourg central bank.
The main task of the BCL is to assist the European Central Bank (ECB) in the accomplishment of its objectives.
Central Securities Depositories
National Numbering Agent
CBL acts as the national numbering agent for LU ISINs.
BCL - Luxembourg Central Bank
The central bank supervises the financial systems to ensure their stability.
The main tasks of the CSSF are as follows:
- Prudential supervision of credit institutions, other financial sector professionals (including CBL), UCITs, pension funds, payment systems and their operators;
- Supervision of financial markets;
- Enforcement of laws and regulation pertaining to the financial sector.