Turkey: CMB eases restrictions on short-selling of certain bank shares
Further to our Announcement A19125, Clearstream Banking1 advises customers that effective
the short selling ban remains on the following securities:
- Akbank T.A.Ş. (AKBNK.E)
- Türkiye Garanti Bankası A.Ş. (GARAN.E)
- Türkiye Halk Bankası A.Ş. (HALKB.E)
- Türkiye İş Bankası A.Ş. C grubu (ISCTR.E)
- Türkiye Sınai Kalkınma Bankası A.Ş. (TSKB.E)
- Türkiye Vakıflar Bankası T.A.O. (VAKBN.E)
- Yapı ve Kredi Bankası A.Ş. (YKBNK.E)
but the requirement for the brokers to ensure that securities being sold exist in the account of the investor at the executing broker before the sale order is placed to Borsa Istanbul (pre-order depo availability) has been removed by the Capital Markets Board.
Customers are advised to pass on this information to relevant stakeholders as necessary.
We continue to monitor this topic with our local sub-custodian and will inform you of any developments.
For further information, customers may contact Clearstream Banking Client Services or their Relationship Officer.
1. Clearstream Banking refers collectively to Clearstream Banking S.A., registered office at 42, avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, and registered with the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register under number B-9248, and Clearstream Banking AG (for Clearstream Banking AG customers using Creation Accounts), registered office at 61, Mergenthalerallee, 65760 Eschborn, Germany and registered in Register B of the Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany under number HRB 7500.