CSDR: Postponement of collateral requirement changes for October 2018
Clearstream Banking1 informs customers that the changes concerning collateral requirements that had been planned for implementation on 22 October 2018 will come later, and not before Q1 2019.
This relates to the following changes:
- Haircuts on collateral value of securities (item 2.1.4. of the CSDR MMR document);
- Concentration limits (item 2.1.6 of the CSDR MMR document);
- Collateral tiering (item 2.1.7 of the CSDR MMR document);
- The enhanced solution for the price age of securities (item 2.1.8 of the CSDR MMR document).
The CSDR MMR document will be updated by end of September 2018 to show the revised implementation dates.
All other communicated changes that were intended to be rolled out in October 2018, for example, Bridge enhancements, remain valid and are not impacted by this announcement.
For further information, customers may contact Clearstream Banking Client Services or their Relationship Officer.
1. Clearstream Banking refers collectively to Clearstream Banking S.A., registered office at 42, avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, and registered with the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register under number B-9248, and Clearstream Banking AG (for Clearstream Banking AG customers using Creation Accounts), registered office at 61, Mergenthalerallee, 65760 Eschborn, Germany and registered in Register B of the Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany under number HRB 7500.