U.S.A.: Holiday schedule for 2 April 2021
Clearstream Banking1 informs customers that on
Friday, 2 April 2021
in observance of Good Friday, the NYSE Euronext and NASDAQ stock exchanges will be closed for equity trading.
Depository Trust Company (DTC)
The DTC will be open for limited processing, applicable to all instrument types, as described below:
- All valued transactions via DTC with a settlement date of 2 April 2021 will be forced to the DTC’s settlement module known as “Receiver Authorization Delivery” (RAD).
- Receiving counterparties must provide authorisation via RAD to effect settlement with DTC.
- Free of payment transactions will not be processed on Good Friday, except for Money Market Instruments (MMI).
- Customers will need to establish an agreement with their receiving and delivering counterparties in order to effect settlement on Good Friday (instructions with settlement date 2 April 2021).
- Deposits, Requests for Withdrawals by Transfer (WTs) and Rush Withdrawals by Transfer (DWAC/DRS) will not be accepted or processed on Friday, 2 April 2021.
- Money Market Funds (MMFs) may have early closure.
- Corporate action/income services: Principal, interest, dividend and reorganisation payments scheduled to be made on Friday, 2 April 2021 will be allocated.
Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FED)
The FED will be open for normal settlement for cash transfers and securities settlement with no changes to cut-off times.
Impact on customers
Due to DTC limited settlement processing on 2 April 2021, Clearstream Banking customers may encounter service disruptions for U.S. domestic transactions.
For further information, customers may also refer to the links and attachment below for the DTC, FED and NYSE Euronext holiday schedules or contact Clearstream Banking Client Services or their Relationship Officer.
1. Clearstream Banking refers collectively to Clearstream Banking S.A., registered office at 42, avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, and registered with the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register under number B-9248, and Clearstream Banking AG (for Clearstream Banking AG customers using Creation Accounts), registered office at 61, Mergenthalerallee, 65760 Eschborn, Germany and registered in Register B of the Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany under number HRB 7500.