T2S Release 3.1 – Introduction on 21 September 2019 – Update of scope
Note: This announcement originally published on 14 May 2019 was updated to reflect the changed scope of the T2S Release. Changes have been highlighted.
Clearstream Banking AG, Frankfurt1 informs customers about the latest scope elements of TARGET2-Securities (T2S) Release 3.1. According to the T2S Release Concept, the resolution for various T2S Problem Tickets (PBIs) will be deployed on
Saturday, 21 September 2019
for the business day Monday, 23 September 2019
T2S Release 3.1 – Scope
Based on the T2S status reporting on 12 July 2019, with the T2S Release 3.1 the resolution of 15 Problem Tickets is envisaged for a delivery in production. Further two tickets have been prioritised by the T2S Operational Managers Group (OMG) and show the status “Candidate for T2S Release 3.1". These tickets are currently being checked and can be authorised for the deployment.
CBF’s latest assessment related to these Problem Tickets shows that the fixes still do not require software changes in CBF. More details are available in the attached file that provides the latest information about the related PBIs that might have impact on CBF’s customers acting in ICP and / or DCP mode. Customers are recommended to validate these scope elements and check whether operational and / or functional modifications in their procedures are required. Therefore, the file shows from the entire scope elements:
- Eight PBIs that are already scheduled and will be deployed according to the T2S Service Transition Plan;
- One PBI that is ready for the delivery after the successful internal test of the 4CB2;
- Two PBIs that are flagged as “Candidate for T2S Release 3.1”.
The changes to the last published list are highlighted in colour. The comparison shows that:
- For one fix (PBI 204475 - Missing feedback for "Hold / Release" via "Securities Settlement Conditions Modification Request" (sese.030)) the implementation is currently planned and has not yet been confirmed. The internal test of the 4CB is being executed. So far, no risk has been identified to exclude this ticket from the final scope.
- One additional ticket (PBI 204715 - Issue with the restart of RTS procedure (Incident dated 17 April 2019)) can be included in the scope after the authorisation by the OMG.
In urgent cases and if priority is given, further functional updates might be authorised for this deployment date. If changes in the scope of Release 3.1 are announced by T2S, CBF will publish an updated list of Problem Tickets closely before the implementation date.
T2S Release 3.1 – Transition plan
The Market Infrastructure Board (MIB) will decide on the deployment of T2S Release 3.1 in production once the expected results have been shown during testing. On Tuesday, 10 September 2019, the final decision, known as “Go/No-Go Decision”, is to be made.
The deployment of T2S Release 3.1 into production is foreseen for the business day Monday, 23 September 2019. The implementation of the software will take place during the weekend within the T2S maintenance window. Meaning that currently no changes in the T2S Operational Day are expected; neither for the end of day (“EoD”) procedure on Friday, 20 September 2019, nor for the start of the business day, Monday, 23 September 2019.
The below table provides an overview of the important T2S milestones within the upcoming months:
T2S Release 3.1 Timeline
|T2S Service Transition Plan – Activity for T2S Release 3.1||Date|
|Go / No-Go deployment to UTEST by OMG||Thursday, 30 July 2019|
|Deployment to UTEST||Friday, 9 August 2019|
|End of testing of scope elements in UTEST||Wednesday, 4 September 2019|
|Final approval of deployment to Production by MIB||Tuesday, 10 September 2019|
|Deployment to Production environment||Saturday, 21 September 2019|
The simulation activities will be conducted in a “free simulation mode”. The already established static data for CBF accounts and the related connectivity settings in the CBF customer simulation environment (IMS23) remain unchanged.
Irrespective of whether CBF has to modify its software, CBF will maintain its link to UTEST so that customers can test on their demand. According to the ECB planning, the updated software will be installed on Friday, 9 August 2019 in UTEST.
Please contact our Client Services teams for questions regarding the functionality. Questions related to the technical connection can be addressed to our Connectivity Support teams. Particular questions related to the T2S Release 3.1 will be routed to the experts of the T2S Settlement Functionality team.
1. This Announcement is published by Clearstream Banking AG (CBF), registered office at Mergenthalerallee 61, 65760 Eschborn, Germany, registered with the Commercial Register of the District Court in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, under number HRB 7500.
2. 4CB stands for the four central banks Deutsche Bundesbank, Banco de España, Banque de France and Banca d'Italia in their capacity as national central banks (NCBs) responsible for building, maintaining / running the T2S platform.