LCH Limited EquityClear
CBL customers can settle transactions cleared through the LCH Limited (LCH) EquityClear service if the following prerequisites are completed:
- Existent and active CBL securities account;
- Have status of a Clearing Member Firm (CMF) or alternatively be appointed as settlement agent by the CMF;
- CBL has received and set up the Power of Attorney, as detailed in the section below;
- LCH has been given a Power of Attorney to settle transaction in CBL;
- All necessary LCH reference data documents and subsequent set up have been completed.
For further information about EquityClear membership and documentation required please contact your respective account/relationship manager at LCH.
Power of Attorney requirements
Customers should notify LCH that their transactions must be settled through CBL and send a duly signed Power of Attorney to the address of CBL as outlined below.
Customers should complete the Power of Attorney on their letterhead using the available template (where the customer is designated as “The Company” and LCH Limited is designated as “The Attorney”. The template for CBL customers is available in the attachments below if logged in as a Premium User.
The Power of Attorney should be signed by one or more authorised signatories, according to the rules defined in the authorised signature lists provided to CBL.
Note: When the Power of Attorney allows the Attorney to send securities and cash instructions on behalf of the customer, the customer must include accounts valid for both securities and cash to allow the Central Counterparty to avoid any rejection of the messages sent by the Attorney for that purpose.
Address details for Power of Attorney
CBL customers should return the completed Power of Attorney to the following address:
Clearstream Banking S.A.