Investment Fund Market Guide - Jersey
Key features (Register market)
Settlement free of payment
Settlement against payment
Refer to CBL’s Eligible currencies and the fund currency specified in fund prospectus.
Restrictions on customer
Restrictions on settlement
Market type / link type (Settlement link)
|Eligible fund types / legal forms in CBL|
Register market: Collective Investment Fund (CIF) in the form of Company, Protected Cell Companies, Incorporated Cell Companies, Unit trusts, Partnerships
CSD link: n/a
Eligible fund types in CBL
Investment funds in Jersey can be structured as:
- Company under the Memorandum and articles of association and Companies (Jersey) Law, 1991 (as amended)
- Limited Companies
- Protected Cell Company (PCC)
- Incorporated Cell Companies (ICC)
- Unit Trusts under the Trust Instrument/Declaration of Trust and Trusts (Jersey) Law, 1984 (as amended).
- Limited Partnerships under the Limited Partnership Agreement and Limited Partnerships (Jersey) Law, 1994 (as amended).
- Separate Limited Partnerships (SLP) under the Separate Limited Partnership Agreement, Separate Limited Partnerships (Jersey) Law, 2011 (as amended)
- Incorporated Limited Partnerships (ILP) under the Separate Limited Partnership Agreement, Incorporated Limited Partnerships (Jersey) Law, 2011 (as amended)
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP) under the Limited Liability Partnership Agreement, Limited Liability Partnerships (Jersey) Law, 2017 (as amended)