Philippines: Update - Suspension of trading and settlement lifted
Following Annnouncement A20032, Clearstream Banking1 informs customers that effective
18 March 2020
the suspension in the Philippines market announced on 17 March 2020 has now been lifted upon approval of exemptions received by the PDS Group and the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) from the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) of the Philippines. The Bureau of Treasury (BTr) are also resuming operations today.
Here are the updates:
Resuming on 18 March 2020
- Fixed income – both corporate bonds and government bonds trading and settlement
- Foreign exchange (FX) market trading and settlement
- Corporate actions processes
- Conversion and repatriation services
Resuming on 19 March 2020
- Equities market trading and settlement
Fixed income transactions with expected settlement date of 17 March 2020 will be settled today, together with transactions with expected settlement date of 18 March 2020.
The payment system (PhilPaSS) continues to operate on shortened operating hours in the market, with a temporary cash deadline announced to our customers in Announcement A20031.
We will continue to monitor the situation, and will inform customers when further news is received from the market.
For further information, customers may contact Clearstream Banking Client Services or their Relationship Officer.
1. Clearstream Banking refers collectively to Clearstream Banking S.A., registered office at 42, avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, and registered with the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register under number B-9248, and Clearstream Banking AG (for Clearstream Banking AG customers using Creation Accounts), registered office at 61, Mergenthalerallee, 65760 Eschborn, Germany and registered in Register B of the Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany under number HRB 7500.