U.S.A.: Holiday schedule for 7 April 2023
Clearstream Banking1 informs clients that on
Friday, 7 April 2023
in observance of Good Friday, the NYSE Euronext and NASDAQ stock exchanges will be closed for equity trading.
Depository Trust Company (DTC)
The DTC will be open for limited processing, applicable to all instrument types, as described below:
- All valued transactions via DTC with a settlement date of 7 April 2023 will be forced to the DTC’s settlement module known as “Receiver Authorization Delivery” (RAD).
- Receiving counterparties must provide authorisation via RAD to effect settlement with DTC.
- Free of payment transactions will not be processed on Good Friday.
- Clients will need to establish an agreement with their receiving and delivering counterparties in order to effect settlement on Good Friday (instructions with settlement date 7 April 2023).
- Money Market Funds (MMFs) may have early closure.
- Corporate action/income services: Principal, interest, dividend and reorganisation payments scheduled to be made on Friday, 7 April 2023 will be allocated.
Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FED)
The FED will be open for normal settlement for cash transfers and securities settlement with no changes to cut-off times.
Impact on clients
Due to DTC limited settlement processing on 7 April 2023, Clearstream Banking clients may encounter service disruptions for U.S. domestic transactions.
For further information, clients may also refer to the links and attachment below for the DTC, FED and NYSE Euronext holiday schedules or contact Clearstream Banking Client Services or their Relationship Officer.
1. Clearstream Banking refers collectively to Clearstream Banking S.A., registered office at 42, avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, and registered with the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register under number B-9248, and Clearstream Banking AG (for Clearstream Banking AG clients using Creation Accounts), registered office at 61, Mergenthalerallee, 65760 Eschborn, Germany and registered in Register B of the Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany under number HRB 7500.