ClearstreamXact: Discover the new API connectivity
Clearstream Banking1 informs customers about the new Clearstream Application Programming Interface (API) platform.
Clearstream API will enhance the ClearstreamXact suite of customer connectivity solutions with an Application Programming Interface (API) platform offering. The Clearstream API service will become available in the Xact Web Portal as of
22 November 2021
How can Clearstream API improve your connectivity experience?
The digital world is powered by APIs that allow for seamless interactions between IT systems over standardised specifications.
Clearstream API will enable:
- The integration of customer systems with multiple APIs across products in a seamless and secure manner;
- Customer IT teams to develop new specialised and customised software based on API offering;
- A better and more modern interface experience by reducing the reliance on traditional graphical interfaces;
- A more open digital architecture that drives innovation.
The new Clearstream API platform will expose business and technical data directly to the IT systems of our customers.
The first API available within Xact Web Portal will be “User Management (SCIM21)”, an industry standard API for user provisioning, maintenance, and monitoring.
Clearstream Banking plans to offer additional business-oriented APIs to customers in the future.
Customer benefits of using APIs
- Real-time processing;
- APIs enable self-service, innovation and growth;
- APIs are fast to market;
- On-demand data delivery;
- Digital analytics;
- Simplified workflow integration and automation.
How to access Clearstream API landing page
Customers willing to subscribe to the service should first consult the Clearstream API On-boarding Guide that can be accessed from https://api.clearstream.com/.
How to subscribe
The setup procedure will be fully described in the Clearstream API Developer Guide.
The main steps are to:
- Register to the Deutsche Börse Digital Business Platform (DBG DBP) to be able to browse through the API catalogue (https://console.developer.deutsche-boerse.com);
- Request the addition of the Clearstream API service to the customer OU (Xact Web Portal Organisation Unit);
- Create API consumer credentials (technical users) to access API endpoints, following the standard Xact Web Portal user creation procedure (see Xact Web Portal User Manual).
Note: Customers must also contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a testing environment. Upon successful testing, the activation of the service (step 2 above) must be requested by the customer sending an MT599 to the attention of “Customeradmin”.
User Management (SCIM22) API
The new User Management (SCIM22) API is primarily intended for developers and administrators in order to integrate the Xact Web Portal user management to create, retrieve, update or delete users without the need to login to the Xact Web Portal GUI.
Customers will be able to subscribe to the “DBG DBP developer portal” to access the SCIM22 API specifications and documentation. The Xact API Developer Guide will also be made publicly available.
Note: No changes have been made to the existing user management screens in Xact Web Portal which remains the primary resource for user management.
For further information, please contact the Clearstream Connectivity Helpdesk.
1. Clearstream Banking refers collectively to Clearstream Banking S.A., registered office at 42, avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, and registered with the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register under number B-9248, and Clearstream Banking AG, registered office at 61, Mergenthalerallee, 65760 Eschborn, Germany and registered in Register B of the Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany under number HRB 7500.
2. System for Cross-domain Identity Management - SCIM2. The open API for managing identities is now complete and published under the IETF. Further information available from www.simplecloud.info.